News Grants for Local Businesses
Dacorum Borough Council opened applications to the Additional Restrictions Grant funding today.
The Government has provided the council with £3.1 million to be used to support businesses up until March 2022. After considering the guidance provided by Government, Dacorum Borough Council has decided to use most of this funding to provide direct grant support to local businesses, and to allocate £300,000 to be used for wider business support to assist local economic recovery.
Grant awards will provide support to businesses that have not qualified under the terms of previous grant schemes but which have suffered significant financial losses due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Grants range form £750 - £10k will be provided to businesses in the following sectors:
- the supply chain to the retail, hospitality and leisure and events sector
- registered childcare providers
- market traders with a regular stall in the borough of Dacorum
- licensed taxi drivers, with a current license and hire/reward insurance and taxi offices
- a business that was ordered to close under national lockdown rules, but which is not liable for business rates for the premises it operates from.
Applications are open until 4 January 2021 or until the funding is exhausted. For full criteria and to apply visit Additional Restrictions Grant (dacorum.gov.uk)